Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rush booking

After 2 decades, I was able to visit Mindanao again.

This is where my father grew up and where most of my relatives are residing...particularly in Plaridel, Misamis Occidental.

I have always have good memories of Mindanao. The smell of fresh air with mixed scents of copra. The smell of flowers and marang and durian. The mountains, green fields and the countless coconut trees. It's just that we hadnt had the time and budget to visit.... Well, until last Saturday 8/18/2012. We had to book immediately because of the changes in the date of my uncle Vicvic internment. I, on the other hand had to go back to Manila the morning after.

Soon as we touched down Ozamiz airport I smelled the distinct odor....yes! It's calachuchi flower. I smelled fresh air.

The rest was just awesome scenery.

I am going back next time for a vacation with my family. There's much to see. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment