Monday, March 28, 2011

"The Kiss" (Der Kuss)

This is a funny story I brought with me from Vienna, Austria. When I visited Cai and Tope in Wien, we had so many comedic signs shared and formulated...and one of which is "The Kiss magnet". As 'agreed', whoever chooses this magnet (from among my souvenier gifts to friends and colleagues..)is the sign which says"he is the one". Haha! I dont know what came in to our minds...maybe it was just the weather speaking...or perhaps, my friends are just so concern, if not too desperate for me to get my pair. According to Wikipedia, "The Kiss" was painted by Gustav Klimt, and is probably his most famous work. He began work on it in 1907 and it is the highpoint of his so-called 'Golden Period'. It depicts a couple, in various shades of gold and symbols, sharing a kiss against a bronze background. It is now at the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere. Overheard, that in this gallery, couples who visited this would kiss infront of the painting and would end up together.....(this one must be just a myth...) So there I was wishing to go back to Vienna, with the perfect pair...Cai as another crazy soul would tolerate my thoughts and concur to that effect. To end the story, nobody selected this magnet. It is still inside my tin box...hopeful and waiting for a perfect owner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment